The School of Distance Education and Learning (SODEL) of Jaipur National University was established in the year 2008-2009. In September, 2009 the University got approval from DEC and the Joint Committee of AICTE-UGC-DEC to start various programmes of studies at Under Graduate and Post Graduate levels. Easy access & quality assurance have been the motto of the School of Distance Education & Learning, and has all along maintained parity with education offered to regular students in colleges and universities. The students are provided quality study material in Self Learning format. In addition to this counselling is provided by qualified and experienced academic counsellors. One of the great advantages of Distance Learning is that it provides a viable and affordable alternative to conventional mode of education, especially for those, who for several socioeconomic, family and geographic constraints, could not get education despite their high motivation and genuine aptitude for studies, and also for those who do not have time for education through conventional mode because of their personal, professional and family obligations.
- Learning at your own pace, speed and convenience
- Just-in-time learning; more opportunities to learn the latest and the updated study materials
- Reaching the unreached; reaching those with restricted mobility (drop-outs, housewives, handicapped, elderly people).
- Accessibility for those with family responsibilities (parents with young children at home)
- Exposure to telecommunication technology and access to media-rich learning environment
- Age No Bar
- Flexibility in rules and regulations
- Admissions twice a year, in calendar year (January batch) and academic year (July batch).
- Quality print material is provided by the university in SLM format only in English language.
- Well defined minimum and maximum duration of each programme
- Study based on credit system and students are at ease to accumulate credits as per their convenience and availability of time.
- Evaluation of students on the basis of Internal assignments (30% weightage) and Term-EndExamination (70% weightage).
The Self Learning Material (SLM) is specially designed to provide space for reflection, introspection and critical thinking. SLM in print is delivered at the door step of the learner and contains much more than just information. SLM prepared by the University has the following characteristics:
- Clearly states objectives and learning outcomes
- Contents divided into various headings and subheadings that cover each learning objective
- Self Learning Exercises and check your progress questions are inbuilt in the study material
- Unit structure has been given in the beginning of the unit
- Provides plenty of examples, charts, graphs, tables and equations wherever necessary
- At the end of each unit summary, glossary has been provided.
The university follows ‘Credit System’ for most of its programmes. Each credit in this system is equivalent to 30 hours of student study comprising all learning activities ie reading and comprehending the print material, attending counselling sessions and writing assignment responses). Thus, a four credit course involves 120 hours of study This helps the learner to know the academic effort he/she has to put in, to successfully complete a course. Completion of an academic programme (Degree) requires successful completion of the assignments, practical projects and the term-end-examination of each course in a programme. The university allows a student to clear his/her back papers after filling a separate examination form with the prescribed fee. However, there is a maximum ceiling of credits for any single examination.
Admissions are conducted twice a year January and July sessions. To facilitate the reach of the students the university has started filling online applications. Please note that this university has no authorized study centres across and outside the country.
Students are advised not to pay University Fees to any person or institution in cash /Demand Draft / Cheque (any mode of payment).
Students can write their examination papers either in English or Hindi language. Students are advised to visit our web site http://sodel.jnujaipur.ac.in/ and ERP Portal regularly tor any updates and more details./p>